Sunday, March 23, 2014

The Weekend Catch Up

Yayy! We finally bought a dehydrator. Been wanting one and hoping my parents would make the decision for quite awhile. So I'm kinda excited about it.

The first thing we put in were potatoes. Boiled them for about 10 minutes, shredded them with a cheese grater, laid them on the trays, and stuck them in. Super easy, but takes forrrrever to dry.

That day, my mom and I also made raspberry jam and canned them in a water bath. Apparently fruit like this doesn't require a pressure cooker. 
The day's final result.

We also have put in strawberries and raspberries the next day and the rest of the family has been working on cherry tomatoes over the weekend. All from last year's crops that's been stored in the freezer.


**********************

On Friday I went to the Big Horn Outdoor Adventure Show at the fairgrounds with some friends. Vendors all over the place and raffles for guns, Guess-How-Many-Fishing-Bobbers-Are-In-The-Container games, drawing for a truck/Duck Dynasty cruise/Scotty McCreery concert (I just want that pick-up! *wink*), archery, air gun range, little fishing pools to keep the fish you caught, and demonstration show with real lions and tigers.
Fun people, fun stuff, fun day! :)
Afterwards we went to the movie theater to see the new movie God's Not Dead
Review? 
I give it a thumbs up. We should...no...NEED to be brave and take a stand for our Savior in any and every circumstance. Even when others think it's pointless and you may lose something near, dear, and important to you. Just remember...
"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." ~Romans 8:18
"Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good solider of Jesus Christ." ~II Timothy 2:3


 And Saturday was waking up right before dawn to spend most of the day at the fairgrounds with my riding instructor and others for a horse show/clinic. I didn't enter any classes, but just went to watch and help out and maybe pick up some pointers. I did get to ride for a bit in the arena as we waiting for the English division to be other with.
Excited for show season!
I'm going to say the burn on my face is mostly from the sun instead of wind, too. *grin*  
Summer is coming!






Do you can or dehydrate food?

Have you seen or plan on seeing God's Not Dead?


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had an exciting week! So happy to hear summer is coming...yes, we have huge gardens and can quarts of green beans, carrots, tomatoes, peaches, pears, jam, and sauerkraut and freeze corn, bean soup, vegetable soup, and strawberries every year. My mother also dehydrates pear and apple slices (delicious). Glad to hear you got a dehydrator!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm impressed! Hash browns sound so good right now . . . =) I don't can or dehydrate, but I think it's wonderful when people do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again Rachel! Have missed you in the blogging world. I've nominated you for the Liebster award at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! I been naughty and hiding.. :( Thank you! I'm on my way over to look now!

      Delete