Tuesday, March 4, 2014

!! Sunshine Award !!

First off...a big "thank you" to Bethany over on Liberty or Death for nominating me for the Sunshine Award! 

I now get to answer 10 questions of her choice.
Here we go!

1. How did you become a Christian? 
I was raised to love the Lord and knew and believed that getting to heaven is through Him. And I accepted that at a very early age. It was not until I was older when I really understood baptism and had that strong desire to please Him and take the final step of showing my faith. But it wasn't until I was about 14 that I realized I had never actually brought it to the forefront of my mind and personally acknowledged to the Lord that I accept Him as my Savior, even though I fully believed it in my heart already. Of course, then that's the night we had "The Talk". 
The Bible says the Lord looks on the heart, and He knew my real devotion to Him was already deep in there before that night anyways.

2. What is your favorite Bible verse?
"I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him."- Ecc. 3:14
"Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins."- 1 John 4:10

"When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?"-Psalms 8:3-4
"Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know."-John 14:1-4
(Just to name a few... ;] )

3. What's your favorite color?
Dark green andddd...pink!

4. What are your favorite sports or other hobbies?
Horseback riding, photography, piano playing. 

5.  If you won $10,000 what would you do with it?
 Get a truck, get a horse, save it.

6.  What are your favorite shows/movies?
The Avengers, Flicka (with Tim McGraw), Sense & Sensibility, Gunsmoke 

7. What are some of your favorite books?
Sense & Sensibility, the Bible

8. What's your favorite animal and why?
Horses because they really are poetry in motion. Strength, capability, movement, response to the slightest touch when being rode. 
Cats because..well, they are just so darn CUTE! :D

9. What's your favorite season and why?
I want to say summer, but always go back to Autumn just because its scarf, boot, candle, crunchy leaf weather and just has this smell in the air.

10. What was one time you were in a very difficult situation and the Lord helped you?
He's been good to me.
**********************************************************************************************

Now it's my turn to do some nominating and I chose:
Mary at Mary's Place
Jan at Butterflies and Rainbows
Laura at Through My Eyes
Natasha at Day by Day
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1) One state you'd like to visit, but never have?
2) Your earliest memory?
3) Your favorite memory?
4) What are you doing this weekend?
5) Something you could eat your weight in?
6) Is that glass really half empty or half full?
7) Favorite Bible verse?
8) Snow or Rain?
9) Worst injury?
10) Next thing you're most excited for?
   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Start a new blog post.
Upload an image of your choice.
Answer my 10 questions above.
Then make up 10 new questions.
Nominate some bloggers.


Enjoy!



5 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading your answers! Ecclesiastes 3:14 is one of my all time favorite verses too--so reassuring! Also love the new image you uploaded :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! When I was your age, fall was my favorite too. As I've gotten older, I've come to prefer summer. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked your answers and of course I like your sunshine picture. Thank you for including me in the Sunshine Award!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that photo! Loved your answers! :-)

    ReplyDelete