Thursday, March 6, 2014

Throwback Thursday

Wow guys, can you believe it...this actually makes two posts in two days! ;) 

**************
Throwback time...
                              


 
    We'll just go back to about 6 years old  with my beloved cat, Yo-Yo. This picture just makes me laugh, because of the way I held cats for pictures...





And just a little closer...for dramatic effect.











Anddddd just even more closer...

                           She looks like she's having fun with her  new family, right?






She was a stray we found around our apartment in Iowa. My uncle, back in Idaho, had a gray cat named Yoda, like from Star Wars; however, my kid brain thought its name had to be Yo-Yo.
Upon seeing this cat wondering around, I excitedly exclaimed, "It's Yo-Yo!"
And my mother thought, "Oh no."
But she became part of the family after all and moved to Idaho with us.
Yo-Yo and Yoda never met...


Have you ever owned any stray cats? 
Dogs? 
How did you find each other?

*****************************************************************
Blinky



At least now I am holding them like the babies they really are... ;)


4 comments:

  1. You can tell by the picture she just had surgery to get fixed. It did not fix her personality though. I have to look at your face and not her face. LOL She was so bad! I am not sure you could have held her like a baby. I am glad Blinky is a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute post. I was had a little Native American friend named Yo-Yo. Her sister was Ya-Ya. Not sure if that was nicknames or given names. Anyway, I ended up with a stray cat once. She was following two men walking by my apartment...when I told them their cat was following them, they said it wasn't their cat. And told me to take it. So I did. That was Color. She ended up being the best cat I ever had, and I had her for 19 years. I asked the little boy next door to name her. He was 5. He said, "I think I will name her Color!" One of my best memories in regard to pets...maybe I need to blog about Color. ;-) Adorable photo of you and Yo-Yo. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cute!! I wonder if he remembers naming the neighbor lady's cat. :)

      Yo-Yo and Ya-Ya...kinda neat either way!

      Delete