Thursday, January 16, 2014

Cinnamon Roll Review

One of the main reasons why I've only made cinnamon rolls once or twice is, well...they are just too time consuming! As with any other bread, it does take awhile, but cinnamon rolls do take a little more time with the extra rolling, cutting, and glazing. Then with all that work, they just don't last as nearly as long!  
...*subtly licks fingers*...

Still lying in bed this morning, I had the sudden urge to try my hand at them again, thinking there must be an "easy" recipe somewhere online. Everyone is always looking for quick and easy. With a little searching, I found exactly what I was going to try.
And Sally was right!  
Easy.

I enjoyed making these so much. From past baking experiences, I was a little apprehensive when it came time to roll them up, but it worked out perfectly. Sally lays out the recipe directions very plainly for easy following. Even included an overnight rising option and how she let her rolls rise.
I always just let my dough rise near a hot surface, never even thought of putting them IN the oven. 
Duh, Rachel.

 The glaze recipe that Sally used is a coffee glaze and it sounds like it would be delicious! However; as I was wanting more of the traditional glaze, I jumped over to Food Network and used the glaze recipe Paula Deen used for her cinnamon rolls.

Thirty minutes in the oven and this is what I get!
Beautiful, soft cinnamon rolls with a very, very...very excellent taste the whole family loved.
MMMMMMMMMmmm, good!
Thank you Sally for your lovely recipe! It's definitely a keeper.
Please go to http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2013/05/08/easy-cinnamon-rolls-from-scratch/#comment-190862 for the recipe and make sure to browse through her webpage at all her other mouthwatering goodies!

**********************************************************************************************************

(Yes...I really did eat three in one sitting and going back for the leftovers as dessert tonight.)

2 comments:

  1. Yum Yum! They look beautiful in the photo! By the way, you have nice lighting on that picture. Did I say Yum??? Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were very good! Thank you for making them! You sure made your dad happy. lol

    ReplyDelete